Fall 2022 solicitation will focus on topic areas associated with the HPC4Manufacturing (HPC4Mfg) and HPC4Materials (HPC4Mtls) Programs.
The program seeks industry partners interested in leveraging HPC resources to make advancements in the following areas:
- Improvements in manufacturing processes which result in significant national carbon emissions reduction and energy savings.
- Improvements in semiconductor technologies that will result in operational energy efficiency improvements.
- Carbon emissions reduction and efficiency improvements in energy conversion and storage technologies.
- Reductions in CO2 or CO2-equivalent emissions.
- Advanced Materials for Carbon Conversion Applications
- Advanced Structural Materials for Hydrogen Applications
- Advanced Functional Materials for Hydrogen Applications
For more information about the Fall 2022 solicitation please view the Solicitation Document.
Applications to a solicitation go through a two-step review process which entails submission of a concept paper and full proposal. Applications are submitted to the HPC4EI Proposal System.
Concept papers are reviewed by the HPC4EI Technical Merit Review Committee along with the DOE sponsoring funding offices.
- Concept paper submissions selected from the concept paper review are invited to submit full proposals.
Full Proposals are reviewed by the HPC4EI Technical Merit Review Committee and recommendations to fund proposals are presented to the DOE sponsoring funding office.
- DOE is the final decision maker for funding a proposed project.
For additional information about the application process, email hpc4ei [at] llnl.gov.
|November 4, 2022||Call for proposal|
|November 11, 2022 9:00 a.m. (PST)||Informational Webinar #1||REGISTER NOW|
|November 15, 2022 1:00 p.m. (PST)||Informational Webinar #2||REGISTER NOW|
|December 6, 2022 5:00 p.m. (PST)||Concept Paper Due||Download Concept Paper Template|
|Late January 2023||Request for Full Proposal|
|March 2023||Full Proposal Due|
|May 2023||Finalists Notified|
|July 2023||Expected Project Start|
HPC4EI Proposal System
Please apply to this opportunity by using the HPC4EI Proposal System.