Fall 2021 solicitation will focus on topic areas associated with the HPC4Manufacturing (HPC4Mfg) and HPC4Materials (HPC4Mtls) Programs.
The program seeks industry partners interested in leveraging HPC resources to make advancements in the following areas:
- Reductions in CO2 or CO2-equivalent emissions through electrification, improved carbon-capturing processes, and the integration of low-to-zero carbon fuels
- Improvements in manufacturing processes that result in significant national energy savings and carbon emissions
- Improvements in the lifecycle energy consumption and carbon emissions reduction of products of interest
- Efficiency improvements and carbon emissions reduction in energy conversion and storage technologies
- Advanced Structural Materials for Hydrogen Applications
- Advanced Structural Materials for Fossil Energy Applications
- Advanced Functional Materials for Hydrogen Applications
For more information about the Fall 2021 solicitation please view the Solicitation Document.
Applications to a solicitation go through a two-step review process which entails submission of a concept paper and full proposal. Applications are submitted to the HPC4EI Proposal System.
Concept papers are reviewed by the HPC4EI Technical Merit Review Committee along with the DOE sponsoring funding offices.
- Concept paper submissions selected from the concept paper review are invited to submit full proposals.
Full Proposals are reviewed by the HPC4EI Technical Merit Review Committee and recommendations to fund proposals are presented to the DOE sponsoring funding office.
- DOE is the final decision maker for funding a proposed project.
For additional information about the application process, email hpc4ei [at] llnl.gov.
|November 17, 2021||Call for proposal|
|November 30, 2021 8:00 a.m. (PST)||Informational Webinar #1||REGISTRATION CLOSED
Download Webinar Presentation
|December 8, 2021 11:00 a.m. (PST)||Informational Webinar #2||Register Now|
|January 7, 2022 5:00 p.m. (PST)||Concept Paper Due||Download Concept Paper template|
|March 2022||Request for Full Proposal|
|April 2022||Full Proposal Due|
|June 2022||Finalists Notified|
|September 2022||Expected Project Start|
HPC4EI Proposal System
Please apply to this opportunity by using the HPC4EI Proposal System.